Occupational hygiene is one of the most valuable Occupational Health and Safety sciences that organisations can practice to protect workers’ health. An occupational hygienist in Sydney plays a significant role in ensuring workers aren’t exposed to health hazards in the workplace. They take necessary actions to prevent and manage potential workplace damages such as exposure to chemicals, dust, fumes, noise, vibration and extreme temperatures. This helps you to avoid any types of industrial issues and maintain a safe working environment for the workers.
An occupational hygiene assessment helps in determining,
- The nature of the hazard present in the workplace
- The risks of acute or chronic health effects caused by potential hazards
- Continuous, intermittent, or seasonal exposure
- The level of exposure
- Indoor air quality testing in Sydney
The scope of hazards that an occupational hygienist is involved in the control and assessment of includes,
- Hazardous substances
- Indoor air quality
- Infectious disease exposure
The Need for Occupational Hygiene
Occupational hygiene is considered to be an integral and important aspect of modern progressive business practice due to the following reasons.
- Improved health and life expectancy of the workers.
- Reduction in the number of people who leave employment early through injury or illness.
- Maximised worker potential and lower social and healthcare cost.
- More efficient working processes and increased productivity.
Occupational Hygienist Services
Occupational hygiene services are offered by qualified and skilled occupational hygienists holding membership with the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) with the status of Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH). The services provided by them include,
- Baseline occupational hygiene surveys
- Expert Witness reports
- Occupational hygiene monitoring and exposure risk assessment
- Metal dust
- Crystalline silica
- Asbestos and synthetic mineral fibres
- Volatile organic compounds
- Welding fumes
- Indoor environmental quality investigations
- Workplace noise
- Determining atmospheric contaminants in the occupational and para-occupational environment
- Vibration monitoring & assessment
- Environmental noise monitoring and assessments
- Lighting surveys & assessment
- Heat stress monitoring
- Mould inspection in Sydney
- Dangerous goods risk assessment
- Ventilation system review
- Compiling safety data sheets
- Asbestos / Hazardous materials management
- Environmental monitoring services
Why Invest in Occupational Hygiene Program?
Conducting occupational hygiene program is important for all responsible business owners and management teams to provide your team with acceptable safety standards and occupational hygiene in the workplace required by the law.
Visit https://www.healthsafetyconsultants.com.au/ to find the best occupational hygienist in Sydney who can assist you in all aspects of asbestos and hazardous materials inspections and assessments including a one-off assessment or periodic assessments as required.