Hazardous Materials Survey and Report
Hazardous Building Materials
Hazardous materials (HazMat) in building construction are known as hazardous building materials. These include:
- Asbestos containing materials (ACM)
- Lead paint and lead dust
- Synthetic mineral fibre (SMF)
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Ozone depleting substances (ODSs).
Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Consulting Services
Health Safety Consultants provide hazardous materials consulting services in NSW and ACT by qualified and experienced occupational hygiene consultants.
Hazardous Materials (HazMat) Survey & Report
Hazardous materials (HazMat) survey is undertaken for the building and a HazMat report is compiled which includes the hazmat Register.
Hazardous Materials Removal Specifications or Plan
On request, a hazardous materials removal specifications or hazardous materials removal plan document is prepared and provided.
Hazardous Materials Removal Project Management
Our hazardous materials team is experienced in project management of the removal of hazardous materials and will assist you in the management of the removal project.
Hazardous Materials Clearance Inspection and Report
Our hazardous materials team will undertake clearance inspections and required testing of work areas where hazardous material shave been professionally removed.
Applicable Legislation to Hazardous Materials
- Australian Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Code of Good Practice Set. HB 40 Set-2005
- Australia and New Zealand Environment and Conservation Council (ANZECC), Polychlorinated Biphenyls Management Plan – Revised Edition 2003
- Australia and New Zealand Environment and Conservation Council (ANZECC), Identification of PCB – Containing Capacitors – 1997
- Australian Commonwealth Government – Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Act 1989 – 1989
- AS/NZS 4361.2:2017 Guide to hazardous paint management Lead paint in residential, public and commercial buildings
- AS/NZS 4361.1:2017 Guide to hazardous paint management Lead and other hazardous metallic pigments in industrial applications
- Australian Standard AS2601, The Demolition of Structures, Section 1.6 – 2001
- Code of Practice: How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace 2016
- Code of Practice: How to Safely Remove Asbestos 2016
- National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC), Control of Inorganic Lead at Work: National Standard, 1012 – 1994
- National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC), Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos Fibres 2nd Edition, 3003 – 2005
- National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC), National Standard and National Code of Practice for Synthetic Mineral Fibre – May 1990
- National Occupational Health and Safety Commission (NOHSC), National Code of Practice for the Control and Safe Use of Inorganic Lead at Work, 2015 – 1994
- Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 (WHS Regulation).
Contact us for all your business needs regarding hazardous building materials on your site.